Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Incident

The loud rays of the sun, softened.
I watched how to sky darkened,
from a sweet baby blue,
to a pure,
deep, dark blue.

The ocean was cold first.
I slowly entered the salty waters,
simply thinking about nothing.

I was alone.
I shut my eyes, ceasing to remember
things. I floated.
Still.

Distant from shore,
I tilted my head back to watch
the dimming sky.
I listened to waves, rushing back and forth.

My mind had became conscious,
I recollected me. I felt lost,
I was too far.

A sudden overwhelming fear,
took over me.
I had forgotten how to swim.
I fell beneath the ocean waters, feeling
the waves brushing
over me.

I kicked, and
kicked as water flowed into my mouth
and nose.
I was blind under deep blue ocean,
salt burned my eyes.

I felt my hands resting on the sand.
I was still living.
I opened my eyes to only darkness.
Turning back to the sea was almost
painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment